FEO Awards Program
The dedication it requires to successfully organize and execute some of the best festivals and events in the world takes more than great ideas and collaboration; it takes rolling up your sleeves, digging deep into the community for support, and rounding up volunteers to make it a success!
Each year at the FEO annual conference, we acknowledge our members’ hard work through our annual Awards Program, highlighting the best in industry practices and commitment of those who make the festivals and events industry in Ontario such a success.
Just before Spring, the FEO conference plays host to our extravagant gala evening where the FEO Awards are presented. This year’s awards will be presented on Thursday, February 27, 2020, at the annual FEO Conference in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
All entrants must be a member of FEO, with an account in good financial standing. Click HERE for more information on becoming an FEO member.
DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 15, 2019.
Submissions for the 2020 Awards Program are now CLOSED!
How to Enter:
Think back on all your accomplishments over this past year that you and your team are most proud of.
- Carefully review the Information Applicable to All FEO Awards.
- Carefully review and prepare the “Award Requirements” for the award category you wish to apply for.
- Complete your submission, no more than 5 pages typed, and convert it to a PDF.
- Pull together digital versions of your supplemental materials that best showcase your accomplishments.
- Complete the Award Entry Form
- Submit your nomination, supplemental materials, and registration form electronically by web transfer. Exception: Submit your FEO Top 100 nominations in a bound binder format to FEO’s office.
Categories, Sub Categories, and Award Requirements:
FEO Top 100 Festivals & Events Award: Award Requirements
FEO Hall of Fame Award: Award Requirements
FEO Student Leadership Award: Award Requirements
FEO Achievement Awards: Award Requirements
- Sponsor of the Year
- Best Promotional Campaign
- Best New Festival or Event
- Best Greening of a Festival or Event
- Best Community Partner Outreach Program
- Best Fundraising Idea
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Best Youth Initiative
- Best NEW Single Sponsorship Opportunity
- Best Volunteer Program
FEO Service Excellence Awards: Award Requirements
- Children’s Entertainment
- Entertainment Agency
- Alternative Entertainment Providers
- Administrative Service Providers
- On-Site Professional Service Providers
- Production Service Providers
- Foundational Product Providers
- Promotional & Specialty Product Providers
FEO Volunteer of the Year Awards: Award Requirements
- Volunteer of the Year
- Youth Volunteer of the Year
- Family Volunteer of the Year
FEO Municipality of the Year Award: Award Requirements
- Municipality of the Year Awards of a population less than 50,000
- Municipality of the Year of a population 50,000 to 150,000
- Municipality of the Year of a population 150,001 to 350,000
- Municipality of the Year of a population more than 350,001
Here’s why you should apply:
- The FEO Awards Program is recognized by government officials, industry suppliers and festival-goers alike.
- Being an FEO award winner is a great marketing tool. We will provide you with the appropriate logo to use for promotional materials, media relations and your website and assist you with any questions you may have about how to market your FEO Award.
- Winners are featured on our Awards page in our Festivals & Events in Ontario Guide for the following year. This full-colour, digest-sized guide has a distribution across the Province of Ontario and on-line.
Here’s what our past award recipients have said:
“The OPG Winter Festival of Lights submits each year for the Achievement Awards and has won many times over the years. We use this recognition for sponsorship and grant applications. Thank you FEO for keeping the Achievement Awards going and keeping us looking over and improving our events.” ~ OPG Winter Festival of Lights, Tina Myers
“ I have performed my interactive stage show for thousands of people at festivals & events across Ontario last summer as a result of winning these awards! As a professional magician, it’s nice to know that my hard work and achievements are being recognized [through the FEO Service Excellence Awards] in the entertainment world!” ~ Mike D’Urzo, Mega Magic
“Industry recognition [through the Achievement Awards] from Festivals & Events Ontario for our successes in greening our event for 4 years in a row, in addition to recognition across partnerships and sponsorships in previous years has been meaningful in so many ways. Recognition through these awards has also helped to put us on the map as a Go-To Summer Event. As a volunteer-led initiative that started as a simple BBQ in a park, to now marshalling thousands of hours year-round and engaging the community over the last long weekend of the summer to come out and contribute their time to help the Rotary Club achieve its community goals, these awards equally validate and reward their time, efforts and ideas.” ~ The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada’s Largest Ribfest, Bob Peeling and John Thorpe, Founding Co-Chairs
“We appreciate the validation that we do great work and that our efforts have been recognized [through the Service Excellence Awards]. We will continue to raise the bar for ourselves and encourage others to do the same.” ~ Ann Barker, Ticketpro Canada
“We have found that the recognition from this [Service Excellence] award has benefitted our company tremendously. A third party stamp of approval shows customers that we are the company of choice in our industry and gives them peace of mind in their buying decision. Thanks, FEO for taking the time to recognize our efforts!“ ~ Nancy Schappert, President, and Owner, Niagara Inflatables & Games Inc.
Click here to view all 2019 FEO Award Recipients.
If you have any questions about eligibility, application process or anything else related to FEO’s Award Program, contact Office Administrator; Pinky Eder.